Collection Box Coordinators are volunteers who place our iconic boxes in shops and businesses in their local area. Every few months you collect these and tally up the funds raised before paying them in to Guide Dogs. This role is very flexible and would include spotting opportunities to place boxes during your daily activities fitting in around your daily life and other commitments that you already have.
- Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations
- Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc. at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do
- Emptying boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
- If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes
- Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team
- Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for Community Fundraiser
Why get involved?
- Support us to enable more blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- Regular and ongoing support from Guide Dogs
- Payment of out of pocket expenses agreed in advance
- Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
This role along with all other current roles are primarily advertised on our website. For more information about this role, to see others that you may also be interested in or to apply, please visit: www.guidedogs.org.uk/volunteering.
How to get involved?
Ben Cassells – Volunteering Consultant Guide Dogs Bristol
Please note, if you accept this challenge you details will be passed on to Bristol Guide Dogs - many thanks BS3 Community
- Event Promotion
- Sight Loss