As a fundraiser you will assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of events and activities to raise money for Guide Dogs. The time commitment can be very flexible and fit around your daily life and other commitments. This role is a great way to support Guide Dogs whilst being part of a friendly, social group where you can meet and speak with many different people.
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
- Street collections on ‘flag’ days
- Help on stalls at local events
- Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
- Attending local events organised by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
- Count donations
- Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
Why get involved?
- A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
- Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
- Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining their local committee
This is a social, often public facing role where you attend different activities and events in your local area. This role would be good for someone who is friendly, has good communication skills and enjoys talking to people, You may be stood up at events but are more that welcome to bring your own chair if necessary. This role is also very flexible and you are able to attend those events and activities which fit in around other commitments you have.
This role along with all other current roles are primarily advertised on our website. For more information about this role, to see others that you may also be interested in or to apply, please visit: www.guidedogs.org.uk/volunteering.
How to get involved?
Ben Cassells – Volunteering Consultant Guide Dogs Bristol
Please note, if you accept this challenge your details will be passed on to Bristol Guide Dogs - many thanks BS3 Community
- Event Stewarding
- Event Promotion
- Sight Loss