As the Fundraising Group Coordinator, you are a key member of your local fundraising group. You will organise and manage a number of local fundraising volunteers, arrange group meetings, oversee the organisation of local fundraising events and collections and keep the members up to date with news and events
- Organising and attending events such as the Great Guide Dogs Tea Party, Pub Quizzes and collections in your local area
- Encouraging local businesses, schools and groups to name their own guide dog puppy
- Building relationships with local networks, socials groups, schools and businesses
- Encourage them to host their own event in support of Guide Dogs
- Working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers
- Liaising with Community Fundraiser informing them of events in your area
- Making sure your fundraising policies and procedures are followed
- Being a passionate local ambassador for Guide dogs work
- Ensuring that any information provided by Guide Dogs is cascaded to relevant supporters or volunteers
- Ensuring income raised from events is banked in a timely manner
Why get involved?
- Sense of satisfaction in seeing donations generated
- Work with committed and passionate people
- Support us to provide guide dogs and other mobility services to support blind and partially-sighted people
- Make a difference in your local community
- Opportunity to learn new skills
This is a social position helping to organise different volunteers and events. This role would be good for someone who is organised and enjoys meeting new people.
This role along with all other current roles are primarily advertised on our website. For more information about this role, to see others that you may also be interested in or to apply, please visit : www.guidedogs.org.uk/volunteering.
How to get involved?
Ben Cassells – Volunteering Consultant Guide Dogs Bristol
Please be aware that if you accept this challenge BS3 Community will pass on your contact details to Guide Dogs Bristol.
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Event Promotion
- Community Work
- Event & Project Management
- Sight Loss