To assist with appropriate maintenance activities including erection, dismantling and repair of spending pens for Guide Dog Owners, basic inspection of fleet vehicles and/or valeting and general maintenance tasks as requested.
- Erecting, dismantling and repairing spending pens for Guide Dog Owners
- Carry out general maintenance in the office when required such as the repair of collection boxes
- Assistance at key mobility team events such as stakeholder days when equipment such as gazebos may need erecting
- Monthly basic fleet vehicle inspection e.g. tyre pressure, water and oil levels
Location: Your local Guide Dogs site and/or travel within the local area
What skills or experience are required?
- A good practical experience of maintenance and practical tasks
- The ability to lay flagstone dog runs is desirable but not essential
- The ability to follow set instructions and procedures for tasks in accordance with Guide Dogs Health and Safety Policies and procedures
- The ability to undertake some tasks that involve manual labour
Why get involved?
- You will help the mobility team to provide an effective service to Guide Dogs Owners
- Meeting a variety of people
- Enjoy using your DIY and maintenance skills to help a charity
- Payment of out of pocket expenses in line with Guide Dogs volunteering policy
What support / training will I get?
- Regular and ongoing support from your supervisor
- Support, information, training and resources to enable you to undertake your role safely and effectively
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses
- The equipment and resources to carry out the tasks
- Training and resources for carrying out vehicle checks
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this volunteer role
Minimum Age: 16
How to get involved?
For those interested, please head over to out website at Volunteering Opportunities | Guide Dogs or for questions and queries, contact your local Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- Maintenance and Repair
- Community Work
- Sight Loss